Sunday, August 03, 2003

yah, so today's my birthday.

i'm 23 today and it feels about like 22. i have a scrape on my right leg and a bruise on my back, both from softball yesterday, but other than that i'm not in any real physical pain so i don't feel real old or anything like that. that's kinda funny because i remember when i was a little kid, like five or six that it'd be the year 2000 when i turned 20 and that i'd never live to be that old. when my dad was my age, i was three, and when my mom was 23, i was five.

other than that, i'm trying to book a flight for vacation in october, i'm visiting katie, she teaches kindergraten in north carolina, raleigh, to be exact. it'll be cool to see her, i haven't since graduation which was well over a year ago. so far i haven't found anything cheaper than $335, and that's on american. i looked at southwest and they were a hundred dollars more expensive, which was puzzling. i guess $335 isn't terrible, but my tickets to chicago last spring were less than $200, on american no less, so i'm thinking i pretty much hit the jackpot that time.

trying not to be busy today.

feeling: contemplative
thinking of: august 3-11 1999
music: "at the moment" stavesacre