Friday, March 12, 2004

i have parents.

two of them in fact, i remember when i was in middle school, my level of maturity was such that people would get shocked looks on their faces when they found out that i had parents. well i'd like to think it was my level of maturity, it could have been that they believed i was some sort of hellspawn with neither the hope nor the possibility of any connection to natural processes of life.

so i'm 23, and they're young too, in fact, when my dad was my age, i was three, and when my mom was my age, i was five. anyone who knows me realizes the total frivolity of the idea of me being married, let alone with any sort of extra-generational interest. in any case, that would put my parents in their early 40s, and in fact the reason i'm writing about them is that today is, in fact, my mom's birthday.

one of the neater things about growing up has been being able to see the relationship between my parents and me evolve. knowing that's not the case for everyone, i feel pretty blessed that there's nothing really contentious there, and more blessed when i realize that they've contributed more to who i am than i'm really aware.

happy birthday mom! :-)

feeling: pretty good
thinking of: woof
music: "faith my eyes" caedmon's call