Sunday, September 07, 2003

i've got a nice red color on my face.

played outside today, most of the day spent out in the sun, and like i said, it shows on my face. that's really the only place i get red, one of the perks of having bloodlines from south of the border. though if i go barefoot, the tops of my feet burn, which i've always found curious to the point of triviality, but really really irritating as well. it was a fun day though, played football at the park, something i hadn't done in a long time.

playing pick up football is one of those activities that sort of makes me feel like i'm on stage, playing a role that's not really me. when i played football in high school, they never really let me touch the ball, being a lineman and all, and since there's no real use for linemen in pickup games, i get to run, throw, and catch, so it's different. then there's the fact that i didn't really like football when i played in high school, sort of a reluctant, atypical jock i was. on gamedays i'd always write, "i hate football" on my right palm. i don't regret playing at all though, despite my seeming distaste for it, and i'm glad i played when i had the chance. what i didn't want was to not have played, get all grown up and regret that, feel like i missed out on something.

the flip side of getting to play outside and spend all day in the sun that is that it's left me way worn out, and i ended up falling asleep on the couch for the better part of the evening after that. the best naps seem to be the unexpected ones, the ones where you don't so much lay down to take a nap, but you just kinda lay down on the couch and the nap just takes you.

the flip side of that is that i probly won't be able to go to sleep for a while after i want to.

feeling: nap-alicious
thinking of: i dunno, some girl, probly
music: "find me" margaret becker