Monday, January 12, 2004

so me and bone were talking about cure alls the other day.

it's a pretty easy thing to think about, perhaps even daydream about; especially in a "wow my life would kick so much more ass if i had *this* or *that*" or whatever sort of way. he suggested pondering money, specifically in the amount $40 billion as an adequate cure-all and then listed some of the things that he thought he would do with that kinda sum. i was hard pressed to disagree with him, $40 billion would put an end to a lot of the frustrations that i perceive at this point of my life, but my gut feeling is that if i'm expecting a sudden infusion of $40 billion to somehow solve my problems, and that i'm also somehow expecting myself to do things then that i could be doing now simply because i'd have money then, i'll be let down, disappointed.

so the money doesn't really do it for me, i'm sort of a rustic anyway, and to be really honest, i'm not sure anything that i'd consider a "cure-all" exists, i s'pose i should have prefaced this entry with that particular statement. that's not at all to say that i don't wish that i could have things that i don't have now or that i don't ever wish that my life could be somehow different, or even that i don't believe stuff like that would improve my life. so i was pretty intrigued when i stumbled upon this here article which is sort of a personality wish-list, in fact that's what the article's entitled. my list would most definitely be different, i'd rather rid myself of my genitals with dull and rusty kitchen utensils than be jim rome, and it made me think of how fragile my identity is and how i've so carefully crafted it based on what i perceive in the personalities of those i admire, those i wish that i could be like.

dvd box set for whoever can guess the top five on my list, lunch is on me if you can guess three.

feeling: better though "not so good" is mounting a counteroffensive
thinking of: the letter i got yesterday that made my day, and the phone call that made it better
music: "no cigar" millencolin