Saturday, May 08, 2004

i have parents.

i might have mentioned that before, in fact, i'm fairly certain that i have. in fact, i think that mention came on my mom's birthday back in march, that i'm making mention of it again makes sense, mostly because today is my dad's birthday. he was born on this day in 1960, which would make him 44 today, which in turn makes him really young to have a kid that's around my age. that didn't necessarily work to my advantage when i was but a tyke, as i recall him being quite a conservative individual, the list of tv shows i wasn't allowed to watch and movies i wasn't allowed to see was pretty lengthy. that's not to say that he actively deprived me of any good thing, though it took me a while to realize that, but ain't that always the case.

we've always gotten along pretty well, i mean when i was in middle and high school there were hiccups, a handful of times we'd find ourselves at loggerheads, but those were fairly few and far between, which i s'pose is a credit to both of us. so anyways, whenever me and him were in the same state, we'd get to soccer games, watch boxing, get tacos, stuff like that, stuff that was always fun. now when i want a torta or something like that or to watch a soccer game, more often than not i gotta do it on my own. he did get to come out here last year around thanksgiving and i saw him a lil over a month after that when i went home for christmas.

happy birthday dad, you're a cool guy.

feeling: alright
thinking of: dad
music: "seein my father in me" paul overstreet