Tuesday, February 10, 2004

i like my first name.

i s'pose i should clarify, i like the easy nickname that my first name lends itself to, and i guess i owe that to my given first name. the name i was born with is "enrique," but nobody's called me that since before i knew how to tie my shoes. when i moved out here, there were some people who used it; some who were simply uninformed and the misguided souls who thought that since it was on my birth certificate it's what i should be called. people would say it, and i wouldn't even know to look up.

anyways, the name i dig is "riqui," that might not be my "name," but whether it is or not, i feel like it's the most adequate one word description of me. my mom is to thank for the spelling, which cuts both ways, there are people who have known me for a while who still struggle with the spelling, as well as the complication of having to spell it for the uninitiated.

the cool thing about it is that i can sign something with just my first name and people know exactly who it is.

feeling: like a broken bone with a solid splint
thinking of: office conversation with drs dorsett and kang, and how much i could use one of those now
music: "beautiful day" U2