Tuesday, September 09, 2003

i need an asskicker.

i feel like one of the things that i miss most that i had in wheaton and in dallas is having someone that challenged me on a pretty consistent basis, someone who cracked the whip over me. don't get me wrong, i'm generally a pretty relaxed person, but i do well on my own, i'm pretty sufficiently self-motivated. however i also feel like i'm better off when i've got someone, usually someone quite a bit older than me, playing the crusty old man role.

i remember when i lived in wheaton there was a guy i'd talk to, his name was jim, and after every conversation with him, i'd leave completely amazed, totally challenged. actually one of the neat things about being there was that there was no shortage of people like that to talk to, to get counsel from. i've been removed from that and find myself really desiring it lately. when i was talking to katie last week, i was saying that i felt like i have a tons of outlets for my energy, but not as many inlets as i've been used to, at least ones close at hand.

maybe it's self-awareness.

feeling: excited
thinking of: annie, she wrote me a letter
music: "fools gold" mouthwash