Tuesday, October 21, 2003

i'm rearranging my bedroom.

i'd been told it looks pretty pedestrian, which makes sense, because, in a lot of ways, it does. my bed was in the middle of the room, with about two and a half feet of floor on either side, lots of pictures framing the window above the bed, some posters, a nightstand, a dresser, and that's pretty much it. so anyway i moved the bed over to one side, and figure i've got some room to put a lil couch on the other side of the room and a coffee table and probly some shelves for a bunch of the crap that's still in my closet.

all that meant that i got to go to the thrift store, which i tore up. it was great. i got a coffee table and some stuff to put on my walls, a landscape that i put over my couch, and a monet poster i put in my hall, both were framed and they look good. all that was like thirty bucks.

in the end, however, i'm not even entirely sure why i'm doing stuff with my room, i don't even spend that much time in there, mostly just between six and seven hours when i'm asleep. but then it's sort of a chicken and egg sort of thing, because maybe if it was designed differently, i'd spend more time in there.

the progression i've made over the last few years:
athlete----> cheerleader----> dabbling in design
has me wary.

feeling: energetic
thinking of: the social construction of reality
music: "spanish flea" herb alpert and the tijuana brass