Wednesday, November 05, 2003

screw the atm.

you know the one, you go, put your card in and get money. well the sucky thing about that is that the money always comes from your own account, but i don't guess that that's either here or there. my beef is that i wasn't able to withdraw money at all over the weekend, i even had issues trying to deposit my check. it wasn't a balance issue, i was trying to get $40, which balance-wise is not, and should never be a problem, the frankin thing had run out of money.

what was really irritating about the whole thing is that the machine led me through all the prompts and keystrokes and crap like that, and only when i got to the very last step did it tell me that it was out of money. it happened on sunday evening, that's when i was trying to deposit my check. there are three machines at the bank i was at, the first one wouldn't take my deposit, the second one would take my deposit, but didn't have any cash, and the third one didn't have any cash. i was surprised and a bit irritated, but not shocked really, i figured they probably loaded up the machine on friday afternoon and the weekend rush had done its work in decimating the supply. so i come back the next day around one in the afternoon, thinking that it wouldn't be an issue, you know with people coming back to work on monday and everything, but once again i left empty handed.

it's one of those things that wasn't really a big inconvenience, when you think about it, it wasn't really an inconvenience at all, i didn't need cash, i could use my card for pretty much everything i'd want to buy anyway, i guess it was just frustration that the universe wasn't working the way it'd been advertised to.

i'm over it.

feeling: action packed
thinking of: my room
music: "caress me down" sublime