Monday, September 15, 2003

i cut my own hair.

it goes back a while and it's mostly out of laziness. i've gone to a stylist/barber/whatever once since ninth grade, and that was because i had a formal to go to that night. the whole thing started when my wrestling coach got sick of my hair and said i was getting a haircut. i said "i know coach, i'll go this weekend." and he said "no you're getting one tonight." so after practice, not even joking, he pulls scissors out of his desk and cut my hair. he did a pretty good job, too.

so anyways, i got used to getting free haircuts, all i'd have to do is let it grow long enough to irritate coach. when i got to college, coach wasn't around to do it anymore, so i had to figure out how to do it myself. well not right away, i could usually hoodwink someone into doing it for me, usually in the bathroom or something like that. but after a while, i guess the whole thing becamse a bit tiresome, so i was left with no other option but to do it myself. i mean it was either that or actually pay for a haircut, and who really wants to do that? luckily i got hair that's not too big of a hassle, i can cut it straight across and since it's curly i don't look like a complete tool like the dumb and dumber guys who did the bowl cut thing, or if i do, no one's had the courtesy to tell me.

old man colby probly still gives his sons haircuts, and that scares me more than a little bit.

feeling: somewhat derelict
thinking of: wrestling shoes
music: "all i want is you" delirious